Monday, September 17, 2012

Crazy Good Caramel Coffee Creamer

I know I’m supposed to be working on my tutorial for amazing meatloaf sliders, but when I got in the kitchen tonight I just wanted to make creamer more!! So… I did!!

It’s just been a sleepy kind of day – cloudy, raining off and on through out the afternoon… and well – it’s Monday! Enough said I do believe!!

Since it’s getting to be fall, and because I just love caramel… that’s the kind of creamer I made – blending a couple of recipes pinned on pinterest (I Like All Beverage- yea... The nonalcoholic kind... / The Virtuous Wife: Homemade Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer Tutorial & Do it at home: Homemade flavored coffee creamer) I came up with this recipe.

Right now I’m enjoying my first cup of joe even as I write this blog  (decaf – it’s evening afterall – and the school bell rings so dog gone early!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am!!! Have a happy!!

 

Crazy Good Caramel  Coffee Creamer 


Creamer Ingredients:

  • 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 14 ounces milk (1 ¾ c.)  - I used skim
  • 1 c. caramels (1 used 24 Kraft caramels – unwrapped of course!!)
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. In a small sauce pan, whisk together  milks – no heat Is required for this step…

  1. Over medium heat add caramels & extract






3. Whisk continually until caramels are blended in smoothly – about 8 to 10 minutes – it took me 11 minutes…


 4.  Allow to cool a little – about 10 minutes



5. Pour into creamer receptacle – whether you have an awesome glass jar, a cute tiny pitcher for creamer, or are doing like I did and reusing an old creamer container it will need to be large enough to hold about 2.5 cups of liquid gold!!



6. Store in refrigerator – keeps for several weeks – or so I’ve heard!! Won’t be lasting that long at my house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment